Tuesday, August 9, 2016

So this happened.....

On Sunday I was blessed to be able to meet *in real life* my friend Sherry, who I met through blogging several years ago. You can check out her blog here at Oh For the Love of...Me. She has ended up being such a good friend to me. Very supportive to me in many various ways during some really hard events. I am so grateful that our paths have crossed.

So the way it happened, was that she had to be in the city for business....because she is a big shot. Lol I told her anyone that is paid to fly across the nation to do anything is a big shot in my opinion. She rented a car to come and meet with me and when we met it was as if we had known each other forever. So comfortable and easy. After lunch we walked and walked (in the heat....sorry Sherry) and drank watermelon/lemonade and sat in Adirondack chairs along the river and talked until she had to head back.

You know when you meet someone and you just know they are safe, their hearts are pure and kind.....that was how this was. Such a kind humble soul.

So this was us standing together on the big golden Tower Bridge overlooking the Sacramento River after our lunch at the Rio City Cafe.
Thank you Sherry for making the trip.....the highlight of my month! I loved this day!

6 comments:

Birdie said...

I have only met one blogger in person. But now I have a new blog to read after reading your post. :-)

Mrs D said...

Oh So Jealous!!!!! I would love to meet Sherry in person x

Groundhog Girl said...

Oh I am so happy for you both, what a lovely day for you. I love both of your blogs and was sad when Sherry went quiet for a while. I wish I could meet either of you lovely ladies, both so wise and encouraging to all of us in the soberverse.

bugerlugs63 said...

Oh thats lovely!... sounds like you had a great day too xx

Mark Goodson said...

Those meet ups are the best. Always a nice confirmation that we are who we say we are on here. Glad you two found the time to connect!

SoberMomWrites said...

You, my friend, are my angel so OF COURSE I made sure we could meet up! It was the highlight of my trip and I can't wait to do it again.

Sherry