Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Open doors

I have been offered a couple of new volunteer opportunities. One is being on a committee to incorporate more trauma and resiliency focused counseling and services to the population of our community that is in need. My focus of course will be our substance using population.

Then the website addicaid invited me to collaborate with them and submit some blog posts. Below is a link to my first entry. 

http://score.addicaid.com/addiction-and-mental-illness/

Im still parent coaching, I have a couple sponsees, and working full time (with some creative scheduling lol) and getting ready to homeschool little one, and being available for my girl. The dad, bless his heart, is so supportive and pretty good at flying solo when the need arises. Everything takes time and I wish I could create more time or more of me so I could do everything I want to do and be totally present for it all. I have to assume that these open doors are God things. Because in the big picture I am the least likely.

Monday we have a hike scheduled up higher in our mountains, with the dogs. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this. The wild flowers should all still be in bloom...I am looking forward to a beautiful day.

Totally of topic, but I had a recent event so it's fresh in my mind. The political arena today is creating so much angst and dividing relationships. I will say that I am not voting for either of our main candidates. I won't argue politics here...so please don't try to convince me one way or the other. However, what I am so saddened to see is all of the arguing and the fighting and the **broken relaitonships** over these issues. I can't fathom ENDING a relationship or not speaking to someone because we disagree on politics. But this is happening all over. Apparently it is a foreign idea to many, that people can disagree and still be in relationship with each other.

Of course I have a Higher Power that I believe is ultimately in control. My job is to vote according to my conscience and God gets to work the rest out. I only have so much control over the outcome. Over any outcome. It is so disheartening to see this ugliness coming out of people and it is so counter productive to creating a peaceful, loving, planet for us to raise our families on. Again I am back to realizing that I can only control what goes on in my own hula hoop. In my own house....and some days even that is questionable! In my own heart....there we go! That is the only place I have full say of what is allowed and not. Thankfully, I have been given a set of tools and a spiritual relationship that empowers me to be true to my self and to respond in love when this sh*t gets stirred up.

God have mercy on us and show us the way.
Annette

6 comments:

Birdie said...

Politics. What a mess everything has become. (Or has it always?) I want to feel grateful that I am not in the U.S. but what happens there is going to impact us no matter who gets in. I will say that Trump is a terrifying human. I don't know. It is so complicated. So complicated. Kudos for you for following your heart. xo

Anonymous said...

Annette,

Great post on addicaid ... how I wish our society held your views. Navigating the health care system is more and more maddening every day. When I read your posts and some of the other blogs I follow it does keep me hopeful and I thank you for that.

Your hike on Monday sounds beautiful ... I hope you enjoy every second of it.
It sounds like you live in a beautiful part of the country.

Mary

Linda deV said...

Amen.

Mary Christine said...

You are a busy woman! Wow. I read your article, good job.

Most people think mental illness is volitional too. Hence the name "behavioral health."

Tori said...

The Political fights on FB is unbelievable. I keep my mouth shut and do not get involved. I am right there with you on your views. Great article Annette! So proud of you.

Annette said...

Mary I've been thinking about you the past couple weeks. I hope you are well. ❤️