Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Adoration...


Today I dropped little one at school, then headed over for my Adoration time. I was alone today...usually my best friend joins me, but she is in the Bahamas. : ) I just can't tell you how calming and how nurturing that it is for me to be there. When I first walk in I can smell the incense and the quiet is exactly what I need. What I crave. I can quiet my thoughts there and just be. I commit to 30 minutes each Tuesday morning, but I could spend hours there. I encourage each of you, whatever your faith, that you carve out a section of time in a beautiful place, to just be. It is the most beautiful form of self-care that we can give to ourselves.
                                                  







 I bring my prayer list of all of your children, whose beautiful names, so carefully chosen so many years ago as you awaited their arrival, are written down along with my own children. All of us mama's are on that list too. I pray for each of us, for strength and courage, for grace and peace, for wisdom to know where our job ends and God's begins. I pray that all of our hearts are filled with the knowledge of the love that God has for each of us individually. I light a candle and I pray that God surrounds our struggling kids with His angels of protection. That we are assured that we all are in His sight and He has this.

 At the end of my time, I heard this grandma and her little one come in. The grandma knelt down and crossed herself and then had the little girl follow. She helped her to cross herself, and then they knelt and prayed together. It brought tears to my eyes. What a gift that grandma is giving to that sweet little thing. A heritage, a legacy, a gift of faith in something bigger than herself.

 Lets keep praying for one another. 
Much much love,
Annette




                                                                                                                                                                                                                

6 comments:

Kristen DeRamus said...

Our God is so good. I was so young when I had my oldest daughter, I was only 17, I didn't realize then how important it was pray with her, I sometimes feel like if I had spent more time planting that seed in her she would have the faith in herself and in God to overcome some of the obstacles in her life.
As I got older I realized the faith of a child is so powerful and I never pass up the chance to get down on my knees with my little girl.
Thank you Annette for your powerful prayers and beautiful soul.

Anonymous said...

Annette I cant even begin to tell you how much it means to me that you pray for my son and for me during your time at that church! When I read that you take your list with you it really touched my heart. In your own way you are an angel because you have helped so many of us with your kindness, may you never quit blogging! Know that I also pray for your daughter and you and your family and for all of us affected by addiction.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Annette,

Thanks for posting this ... I think I'm going to start attending adoration in my church after reading this ... the pictures look so peaceful. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers when I do.

Mary

Liz said...

Thank you for your continued prayers for my daughter. You are so caring and such a special person to do this... You are truly remarkable! I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I pray for you and your girl as well.

Linda deV said...

As I pray for my Secret Keeper, God heals me too. At first I could not think of him with anything but rage and anger and spite, but someone suggested praying for him and little by little the prayers for him replaced those feelings with empathy and kindness. I am grateful for the praying women in my life that help me through the ups and downs, the joys and sorrows.

Thank you for your tender heart Annette and for the willingness to share it with me.

Mark Goodson said...

Prayers Annette. Prayers.
Serene pictures. Fill me with peace.
We have a chapel here at school that I can dug into from time to time. In fact, I'll head there before I leave for some more prayer and quiet. Just sitting in the presence of the Lord.
Thank you!