Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Some excellent resources for you all

You remember that I became a parent coach for the parent coaching program through Drug Free Kids. I receive a lot of wonderful resources through Drug Free Kids and The Center for Motivation and Change. One of them is this interactive website that is full of videos of Jeff and Carrie (CMC founders) explaining how loved ones can be helpful, as well as other videos demonstrating how to use CRAFT/MI (motivational interviewing) strategies in the real world, both for parents and partners of people with substance use issues.

Also, if you go to the Drug Free website you will be able to download The Parent's 20 Minute Guide from their website for FREE by clicking on "get information" and then "guides and resources"....and its the newest 2nd edition which contains some new sections on topics like shame and enabling. The Parent's 20 minute Guide is the companion book to Beyond Addiction. You can also purchase both from Amazon too of course.

I am now also an admin for the Mom's CAN (change addiction now) FB page. I've met so many wonderful women through these ventures....I feel very blessed and grateful to have been asked. I of course can't fix anything for any of us, nor do I have any brilliant ideas, but I am very capable of walking along side and being present with other hurting parents.


Lets all keep praying. Things are not good here...I keep thinking that it gets darkest before the dawn. Let's hope so.


Much love to all....
Annette

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annette,

Thanks for posting these resources ... I'm going to head over there now. I rarely post comments on any blog but yours is one that I follow regularly. I'm silent most of the time but I get so much from your blog ... thank you for sharing your journey with me. Praying for you, your daughter and the rest of your family.

Mary

ML B said...

Intervene early and often is the saying I remember.Once addiction is entrenched it becomes exponentially more difficult to find a way out. These are such important resources for ALL stages of the journey. You are helping people be proactive, and being of great service to others.

Always thinking of you and your family.

Lou

Lolly said...

I'm sorry things aren't going well there. I don't have anything else to add...just wanted you to know that I'm holding you both up in prayer. Hugs to you friend.

SoberMomWrites said...

How can your body hold a heart this big. You are a blessing to everyone you touch my friend.

Sherry

Cindy M said...

Thank you for the excellent resources. I suspect that when you say things are "not good," it's yet another gut wrenching event. As I read that sentence, I was moved to prayer instantly. I pray that the Lord would place an army of angels to surround your precious little girl and protect her from all harm and evil. May the Father's love and peace wash over her and remind her that she is the daughter of the living King Jesus. I pray that our Father would restore the joy that this disease tries to steal from her. May our Lord hold you Annette in His loving arms and grant you strength. Much love to you my dear friend.

Hattie Heaton said...

Take care of you, Annette. Praying for you.

SleeplessInABQ said...

I'm praying for you and your family, please continue to pray for mine. Thank you so much for the book, it's been a comfort as things are not good here either.

Annette said...

Sleepless in ABQ, I am so sorry. Take good care of YOU please. What do you have control over? Only your own life and choices. Bless your heart...