Thursday, December 11, 2014

Big storms, Christmas, and essential oils.

We have prepared all week for what is supposed to be the mother of all storms. We have pellets stocked up for the stove, gas for the generator, batteries and candles ready, flash lights all located and ready to go......and so far its only raining with some wind. I didn't have to go to work today so I am getting to stay home during one of my favorite kinds of days!

So I have stepped out into the journey of learning about essential oils. Its really been quite fascinating and I love all that I am learning. However, it appears that essential oils are also quite controversial. I have never been a joiner and multi level marketing companies always have never set right with me. They are actually quite cultish in my opinion....I am using the word "quite" a lot! lol

I decided early on, like, last week, that I can only share my personal experience with the oils. I will not jump onto the bandwagon of another man's cause....unless its also my own.

So how it all began.....my sweet friend/client invited me to her oil party. I went, promising myself that I wouldn't get caught up in the moment and make any impulsive purchases. After the class/party she asked me what I thought and if I was interested in buying the "Premium Starter Kit."

"Sure!" And I was off.....

Since I "joined," I am now a distributor! I have no interest in building a business but being the bulk shopper, cheapskate that I am, I really wanted those wholesale prices. My focus was/is on emotional health and well being and the Dad's chronic pain. So far I have found some things that seem to be helping those issues significantly.

I have been using their (Young Living Essential Oils) Progessence Plus Syrum Oil blend... 30 drops diluted in about 2 ounces of carrier oil, rubbed onto my face and neck morning and night, and I made it through Thanksgiving, on my period (sorry! I know....tmi) in tact and dare I say it....happy! I was genuinely calm and at peace.  This has been a battle I have fought monthly since I was 12!!!

The dad who has lived with chronic pain for as long as any of us can remember, has degenerative disc disease, has had surgeries, shoulder pain from an old motorcycle accident, kidney damage from taking years of anti-inflammatories, and is 56 after all.... has been finding tremendous relief with a "morphine bomb" capsule that I make up for him. 2 drops of coipaba, 2 drops of balsam fir, and 2 drops of frankincense. 1 in the morning and 1 at night. He said his pain is gone! He calls it my crazy voodoo magic and tells little one if he dies to have the capsules tested by a toxicologist. lol

My next venture is to make a roll on of some oils in carrier that will help hold anxiety at bay.

If nothing else comes of this, I have to say that this has been so much fun. I get together with friends, we make potions and mixtures, bath salts, sugar scrubs, chest rubs for a cold, toothpaste....and we laugh and laugh. Its not recovery focused, but it is health focused...so it holds merit and makes it worth investing my precious little time in. Its nice to have a break from everything that swirls around helping my girl get better and how we can healthfully relate to her.

Talking about my precious little time.....I quit my farthest away client. It was 2 full days a week. I love them, its a great place to be and they are wonderful to work for....but I have a 13 year old at home who needs her mama around more. When I let them know that after the beginning of the year I wouldn't be coming back and why, they asked if it could just be a leave of absence for 6 months. Very sweet. I will still do respite work for them....the client's medical needs are complex and it takes a good chunk of time to learn them and be comfortable with all of the machinery and processes.

So life continues on. I am getting ready for Christmas....a friend of mine sells Christmas trees to support her military veteran support group so I usually buy from her. I called her and told her to hang onto a tree for me, I would be right over to pick it up. I flew in, picked one and was gone in about 5 minutes. Ran home, little one helped me put it in the stand and put the lights on. I added some decorations.....ta da! Every year I say I won't decorate other than the tree.....but then I see all of my cute vintage stuff and I do.
Ok All, much love to everyone who is out there putting one foot in front of the other! Thats exactly what I am doing too. Lets keep viewing the world through eyes filled with grace and love.

Annette





3 comments:

Tori said...

And I too am off and running in the EO World! And I just wanted to know a little more....so here we are! :)

SoberMomWrites said...

I want to know more about these oils!

Sherry

Simply Me said...

Great post! You sound happy. I have been getting a lot of messages crossing my path about the essential oils... I need to check those out. Thanks for sharing!