I left for a 3 day job and all hell broke loose. It seems to happen every time I leave for a few days. I was thinking that it must be a God thing....either He is protecting me from the drama, or he is *eliminating* me from my role as buffer and manager so that everyone can experience the stretching and growth that takes place during a crisis.
Really, it is *almost* comical when I think about it all.....
1. The fridge broke and needed to be replaced.
2. The day after the new fridge was delivered, the washer broke and needed to be replaced. (My biggest frustration with that is missing out on the discount we could have gotten from buying multiple appliances at once!)
3. My girl's little world is crumbling all around her and there is not one thing I can do to help her. All of her misdemeanor legal issues have been cleared up for about 18 months...but now they aren't.
4. Little one has been going to school for half days since August, transitioning just yesterday to full days. Yesterday and today I received secret text messages (because she's not supposed to use her phone in class....I have a feeling her teacher is looking the other direction) all day long stating that she needs to be picked up "RIGHT NOW!" I have droned on and on about what a strong girl she is, that even when things are uncomfortable they are still doable and the more we do it, the more comfortable we become. "NO, thats NOT working!" I am tired of my own positive thoughts!
5. The dad texted often as we ran ideas past each other about how to handle various situations that came up. Often.
6. The chocolate fudge icing on the cake was the sweet happy woman I was with who was convinced that "the President of the United States of America" was coming to see her personally. Every half an hour or so she would say, "Annette, don't forget the President is coming!" She is truly adorable and happy as can be in her own little world....but really, I had to laugh. The chaos of my world is swirling all around me but I had the blessed distraction of this sweet thing and making sure her hair looked ok for his visit.
And a side-note.....a friend is teaching me about essential oils. I am so excited! My big focus is calm and peace and anti-inflammatories! lol I will keep you posted on how that turns out. If nothing else the house will smell good.
God bless us all.....