Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Shirley Temple Black

 
Back in the day, my niece who is only 4 years younger than I am, would come over and we would have Shirley Temple "marathons." Those are some of our happy memories from our childhood. There were no DVD players or VCR's. There was just a channel that we turned the knob to get to and every Sunday they would play several Shirley Temple movies in a row....a "marathon." We loved her. We thought she was so adorable.
R.I.P Ms. Shirley Temple Black. You did good. 


4 comments:

SoberMomWrites said...

I loved those old movie "marathons". I also loved Shirley Temple.

I'm sad she no longer occupies the planet.

Sherry

Birdie said...

My mom died in 2011 but I remember her singing Shirley Temple songs when my brother and I were little. She even did the hand gestures!

Annette said...

Birdie, my mom died in 2011. July 28. I got to take care of her at home until she left. It was one of the most powerful things I have ever done.

Mary Christine said...

What nice memories to have! Shirley was unbelievably adorable.