Friday, February 28, 2014

My little one....

My little one turned 13 today. My baby. I told her about the day she was born, all of the events, how I walked and walked out to the baseball field at the high school to watch big brother play his first high school game. How we stayed for 3 innings and then walked and walked back out to the car so dad could drop me at the hospital and then go back and round everyone up to come and watch the big event. I walked and walked outside at the hospital for over an hour. I couldn't stand the thought of being stuck inside and especially in the bed. So I let them know I was there, but I would be outside. LOL It was a beautiful clear crisp night. The stars were out and when I looked up I could see the shadow of the great pines all around me while I walked. I smelled the wood smoke in the air. It was so nice, so peaceful. When I finally went inside it was time to stay inside. I rocked and swayed and finally as everyone got there, I climbed up into the bed. It was time for my sweet girl to make her big arrival. 9lbs 5 oz born at 11:11pm on 2/28/2001. Surrounded by everyone in this world who loves her the most and always.

Now here we are 13 years later....recently she was invited to a sleep over and I had to say no. I didn't know the parents, and the mom had made no effort to contact me before the actual sleepover, I had heard some talk of instability at home....so I said, it wouldn't work out this time. Little one said, "Ok. How come?" I explained and she said, "Oh alright then." No fighting to get her way, no pushing, no sneaking out her bedroom window, no manipulating or begging or anything. I said "no" and she said ok." I hope she stays this way. 

I have had an exhausting week. Work is intense right now. Very busy helping a family figure out the near future for their so well loved family member. My feelings were hurt and it took a lot of effort to figure it out and work my way through it....the good part is that it showed me I haven't had my feelings hurt in a very long time, because it was a really foreign feeling and it totally took me by surprise. Someone I love is very dangerously mentally ill right now. He is on my mind often, I love this boy and I pray that he can find a place of peace and healing and stability soon.

Always praying for us all....
Annette


5 comments:

Birdie said...

My boy turned 18 on the 26th. (My birthday was on the 20th.) I was never one to pay attention to astrology until my son was born. He and I are true Pieces through to the core. (I am actually a double Pieces which is a whole 'nother story!) My son is gentle and compassionate. He is a peacemaker and has only "talked back" a few times in his life.
If your daughter is a Pieces I would imagine she is an amazing human. As you say in your sidebar, she has common sense. Another trait that my son has. I think every parent needs at least one child to be as agreeable as our Pisces children!

Thanks for sharing her birth story. Birth stories are always so beautiful and special. They are magical and memories we will always keep close to our hearts. I never tire of hearing other woman share of their time of bringing a baby into the world.

Bar said...

Wow, she's officially a teen! I know she will always be your special little girl and she's lucky to have you as a mom!

Syd said...

Happy birthday to your wonderful daughter. Your story about birthing made me wince. You would like Mrs. Moon's blog over at Bless Our Hearts as she has had natural births and writes a lot about her grandkids. You all amaze me.

Mary Christine said...

Your youngest daughter is 50 weeks younger than my oldest granddaughter!

She sounds like a wonderful girl.

Birdie said...

I just reread my comment and realised I was saying pieces instead of Pisces. doh!