Monday, December 23, 2013

Whew....can't stand the heat in the kitchen!

Ok Kids, I'm done discussing Phil. Clearly, I need to stick to less controversial topics. I am not up to the task....although I did have a wonderful "talk" with Ron yesterday and really I learned a lot about the business side of this whole dynamic. Which of course wasn't even in my realm of thinking when I posted my opinion.

I was not posting in support of his opinions, but in support of his RIGHT to speak them without fear of retribution. However, I guess in the work world (I have always been self employed....so who knew?!) that doesn't apply?

And Anonymous, I am dying to know who you are! Im wondering if you are who I think you are! Email me!

Another topic that came up because of this post was Christianity....big surprise. I wonder if Christians weren't concerned with apearances, weren't judgmental, loved more, tended their own front yards more and yours less, and were more Christ like....if the world would have a better view of them. I know I would. I just finished a job for a "christian" family that I swear almost ruined care-giving for me! My hubs said, "the Christians are always the hardest to work for." All I can think of when I look at organized Christianity is that "this wasn't what He had in mind." As if I know....but I think I do in this one instance. I know what my heart and my guts tell me, and what I see there isn't it.

I know that we all are God's precious children. Even the organized religion kids. If God is as powerful as I believe He is, He changes hearts and heals wounds and those capabilities of His are very far reaching and available to all.

So back to topics that I actually live everyday.....mothering, substance abuse, recovery, weight loss, cooking, elder care, mental health care, good books...yeah, back to me.

Annette


7 comments:

Signe said...

I think Phil has every right to voice his religious opinions. Way before this article appeared, I watched a You Tube video where he was preaching at a church in PA and said pretty much the same thing, so it's not like he's been hiding it. I'm not sure about the conversation concerning work, but I was under the impression that you can't be fired for your religious beliefs. Anyway, water under the bridge. I agree, a lot of the time 'Christians' are not what they should be, but then again, I don't think watching what others do should determine what someone thinks God is like and I think a lot of people use that as an excuse to not seek out God. It's a personal journey. He is a loving God. :)

Mary Christine said...

I have been having a very hard time posting comments on your blog!

I'm a big fan of my organized religion and feel it has saved my life over the last 20 years.

Mary Christine said...

I have been having a very hard time posting comments on your blog!

I'm a big fan of my organized religion and feel it has saved my life over the last 20 years.

Syd said...

I like your posts on "outside" issues. And I agree that Christians seem to think they have all the answers. The Christian values have been practiced long before by other religions. Living those values is

pamsby said...

Annette,
I love reading your blog, I am very new to all of this blog stuff however. Not sure how to email you. ;)
Happy New Year and I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas!

Hattie Heaton said...

Wow Annette you have been stepping into the deep end while I was away, LOL....I've been at work for the last 6-8 weeks because we've had 2 employees to replace. I love reading your posts ( regular and otherwise) Phil can be a very entertaining fellow but I do not share his views on civil rights, homosexuals or religion. He does have the right to say what he likes, same as you and me....and sometimes the things that come out of my own mouth make me cringe at the work that I still need to do on myself. I loved all your regularness during the holidays. Feeling so blessed myself with not only being regular but appreciation and gratitude of all things regular. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. I look forward to all of your adventures in the new year!

Annette said...

Pamsby, were you anonymous? You can click on my profile and my email is there.....but here it is too:
Lv4gves@comcast.net