Thursday, August 1, 2013

Today is hard.

I think it is all hormonal to be honest. The tyranny of the mundane is getting to me. Little one is going to a sleep over tonight and I have an entire day. I am going to go to the city to see Molly and have lunch and she is going to do some errands with me and we are going to go for a walk along the river that runs through her city.

This morning with my early morning email check-in there was an article on my home page about the 7 myths of olive oil with the sub-title, "if you cook with olive oil, chances are you are doing it all wrong."

I started to read it and then thought, "Who cares?!" I had no energy to find out about olive oil and how I am all wrong in my use of it.

I think the let down of once our kids are tucked away in their facility, leads to a "let down" of all of the stresses we have been working so hard to manage.

I need to get this good day started.....

Annette


5 comments:

SoberMomWrites said...

When the "crisis" is over (whatever that may be) I always feel a whoosh of let down.

If you don't mind some advice, take it as a sign that you need a little self care. Maybe take a bubble bath or paint your toenails or walk in you beloved mountains. Whatever you do, be sure to feel your feelings and let them flow. Sadness, relief, depression, uselessness, all of the above? Whatever.

Then do what you do best...sit down and have a good heart to heart with God.

Just my two cents...

Sherry

beachteacher said...

You're right Annette - sometimes, when we pause in our vigilance - then it all bubbles to the surface. Your plan for today sounds like a great one - for YOU. you certainly deserve a break & some relaxation. Thinking of you & keeping your girl & you in my prayers...

Anna said...

I bet you will feel much better once you take that walk with Molly. Now is the time to concentrate on yourself and your well children. I would like to know what the rehab is like or are they all the same?

Signe said...

I was watching Braveheart, once, and after the third battle, seeing all of the carnage and the exhaustion on the faces of the survivors, my first thought was, what do you do after a day like that? Going home and taking a nap didn't seem like it fit. This addiction war we're in is a lot like that, I think. You fight one battle after another and then when there is a break in the action, because you've spent so much time planning and preparing for war, peace time feels unnatural. Leaving 'base camp' and getting away helps to refresh and replenish. I hope you had a good day and feel some of that mental energy seeping back. :)

Syd said...

I get this totally as there are only so many things that I can juggle mentally and emotionally before I shut down. Hope that you were able to start the day over and have a good one.