Wednesday, June 5, 2013

While I am away....

While I am away.....

 I get to live in the lap of luxury with a very sweet and very appreciative disabled woman, I sleep in a luxurious bed that I sink into each night, in the mornings we drink coffee made from her 1000.00 coffee machine, later I walk her over to her art class (she wheels...I walk,) we spend our days painting and looking at art blogs and talking of her beginning a blog of her own, we watch movies, I tend to her physical needs...this sweet woman who considers my comfort before her own, she has become a friend over the years. Not just a client.

While I am away....

Little one is camping with big brother, hiking and fishing and catching trout galore. Her new nickname is "trout slayer." They build their campfire at night, they make their s'mores, they play rounds of Skip Bo and mancala, then settle into their tents for the night with Layla the protector, laying beside them.

While I am away....

Molly's car got broken into. Smashed window and stolen Steve Madden purse and all. She is mad. She calls wondering what to do. I explain.

While I am away....

The dad is bored and says he likes it better when he has us home with him.

While I am away....

My girl decides to detox off of heroin. She is there alone, no one to watch, its the perfect time. It is considerations like these that break my heart, shows me that she is still my good girl deep inside her spirit. She chooses a week when she won't subject us to this horrible scene. In all of her poor choices, she still considers us in whatever ways she can. The dad realizes what she is doing and comes home early from work to keep an eye on her. He asks me what to do....ibuprofen, Dramamine, Gatorade. He explains what is going on and says he is just there with her, encouraging her through the next 15 minutes. And then the next 15 minutes after that...

While I am away....

I pray.



8 comments:

SoberMomWrites said...

And now so do I.

Sometimes being a mom is HARD.

Hang tough my friend.

Sherry

Sheri said...

your words always evoke so many emotions in me. I am praying right beside your for your girl.

Signe said...

This made me think of all of the different lives swirling around us while we are trying to live our own. It was comforting to read this. How we're all connected but still seperated.

Annette said...

The beautiful thing about today is that everyone is taken care of. Their needs are all met. I am at total peace today. My girl is home, safe with her dad who is available if she needs help with anything. Today, despite much discomfort, she is pursuing getting well. Little one is safe with her favorite person in the whole world, having fun and worry free. Molly's car problems are covered by insurance, and I am so happy to not be in the middle of everyone's stuff! Thank you for the prayers...please keep at it. Detoxing, as we all know, is just the tip of the iceberg.

Anna said...

Annette,

You show us how to notice the good things in our lives in spite of all the chaos that swirls about. That is such a gift and I thank you for it.

God Bless and keep your daughter through her struggles and into the light.

Akannie said...

Prayers all around and heaps of blessings.

Syd said...

Beautiful and poignant post, Annette. A lot happened while you are away but I am sure your presence is still felt.

Laura said...

Ahhh, Annette. I was involved in a wedding last week and am just catching up. Isn't it true, how sometimes we step back and God can step in and use other people to reach the ones we love and they might do it better. Your loving distance and prayers are the very best support you can offer. xox

Laura