Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I have exactly 2 minutes to post.....

This past week, when I was not at home, was particularly bonding for my husband and I. Something to do with him doing things his own way, without me looking over his shoulder to make sure he was doing it right. After 28 years.....I am seeing, that maybe he really does know a thing or two. lol Actually kind of sad....on my end.

It drifted into this week when I asked him to help me figure out my work schedule. Which includes consolidating as many jobs as I can into geographical areas, making the most money possible and the best use of my time, and being available to take and drop off little one at school. It is a puzzle I tell you. But I am married to an analyst, a technical engineer....I am more of an artsy, emotional type who does people. He does schedules, machines, black and white. Why haven't I made use of his skills before now?! Because I am crazy.

So I handed him the whole enchilada....all of the jobs, the times, the locations and I said, "Here, make the best use of all of this. I don't want to drive up and down the mountain numerous times each day."

He looked at it, plotted it all out, and told me a job I should/could eliminate that would make the whole thing work more effectively. I of course replied, that I couldn't do that. That little memory impaired woman is trusts me, as does her very astute husband. The dad said, "you don't HAVE to give it up, but this is the clog in the schedule because of the distance." Well said my dear!

I love this man. This past week has made me love him even more.

As to you know who....I am praying for her, being around as much as I can, including her in what we do, where we go, loving her. We will see how it all plays out. Its a strange situation this time, different in many ways. I don't know what it all means. I am on guard. I am watching and waiting for it all to unfold into what it is going to be.

Oh gosh....14 minutes later, now I am running late!

Bye y'all! Much love being sent out....
Annette

8 comments:

Grace-WorkinProgress said...

Why is it we think we are the only ones capable of handling things. It use to hurt my feelings when people couldn't live without me. Now it is a relief to not have to run the world and on occasion someone else is more qualified than I am. Yeah!

Anna said...

Ain't love grand!

Her Big Sad said...

"I am watching and waiting for it all to unfold into what it is going to be." Not what I want it to be. What it is going to be. Oh yes, my dear Annette.

I am praying right along with you...

Pammie said...

praying for the girl and all the rest of your herd. :)

Signe said...

I love the light bulb, clarity moments when the curtain rises and you see someone as they really are, good or bad. I like that you utilized your husband's talents and that you love him even more. I am hoping her talents also reconnect and help her to achieve what her heart cries truly yearns for.

SoberMomWrites said...

Oh to just let go and let someone else handle things. I'm getting better but I'm not there all the way.

When it comes to giving things to the hubs I've gotten so much better because those are tangible things that I can fix if he messes them up.

My issue is giving it up to God (like I could ACTUALLY do it BETTER the He can - sheesh!) is where I go wonky. You seem to be doing such a good job with this - especially with your girl.

So...how about if I give you lessons on how to give up the earthly things and you give me some on how to give up the heavenly ones?

Prayers and hugs,
Sherry

Mary Christine said...

Praying for your girl. She's in God's hands, and you know - he doesn't have grandchildren.

Syd said...

Sounds as if your husband is a bit like both of us--into figuring stuff out. I certainly do much better with solutions to things, although I like the artsy part of my brain also.

Thoughts on your girl as she also works to figure things out. With the help of her HP, so much is possible.