Monday, June 17, 2013

2 weeks notice

I did it....I gave my 2 weeks notice to my exceedingly difficult client. The new client sounds like they have some things up in the air....but once I had made up my mind, I decided that even if the new client all fell through, it was still the best thing for me to do.

This is taking care of myself at a new level. I feel very responsible and grown up. lol

On Saturday little one and I went to a beautiful spot to meet the rest of the family to scatter the remainder of my mom's ashes. We picked a spot looking out to the west, toward the bay, with a beautiful view of foothills and then the big city on the horizon. Off she went into the wind.

She would have loved that we all were together having a picnic in one of her favorite spots. It was a nice day....3 hours of family time is just enough. Enough to end on a good note. Some of the family is hilarious, some are broken and stilted, some are incredibly intelligent, some are big important professionals, and some are just regular workers...the people who keep our modern conveniences running smoothly each day.

Its a new day people....lets make the most of it in whatever ways we can manage.
Much love being sent out.....
Annette

7 comments:

Hattie Heaton said...

I think that one of the best things about your posts is that they are grounded and yet hopeful at the same time. It gives them credibility and me perspective. Thank you so much for the lift that your posts bring to my day.

Sober Mommy said...

Awww, glad you all got together and were able to scatter her ashes :)

Syd said...

Good for you, Annette. Life is too short to spend with difficult people. We have choices on that.

Hannah@HomeBaked said...

Well done on making a positive decision for yourself and you're right - whatever the outcome, the stress is not worth it sometimes.

Much love being sent to you too x

SoberMomWrites said...

Good for you! Those conversations and decisions but so necessary to keep us sane and happy. Bravo!

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I am really, really not a big shot in any stretch of the imagination but when I'm teaching, I'm happy. And NOTHING I could ever do could hold a candle to what you do. There's a special place in heaven for people like you who help the weak and helpless among us get there with grace and dignity.

Hugs and more hugs!
Sherry

Annette said...

Hannah, so nice to hear from you!

Sober Mom, we are ALL big shots in one way or another! lol

Syd, I always feel like the most difficult people need me...its part of my disease. (neurosis)

Hattie, I wish you and I could just "do coffee" sometime.

Sober Mommy, Thanks. <3

Signe said...

Two things I've found help me to think clearer. One is keeping the house uncluttered. Getting rid of the stuff you don't need and having everything in it's place (mine does not look ike this but some rooms do and those rooms help me to clear my mind) and the second is to listen to that inner voice. It sounds like you did that with your client. I'm glad you put you first. Your family gathering sounded so peaceful and connected. Through all of the chaos that you write about living through, you have managed to grab all of those disjointed and fallen pieces and recreated a beautiful life. Like an impressionist painting. Up close just a bunch of colors and swirls. But when you stand back and take it all in--a beautiful work of art--your life.