Monday, April 22, 2013

A beautiful day in the neighborhood!

view on my walk

Yesterday was such a nice day. I really needed a good day. I have been fighting a depression for the past 6 weeks or so. I just haven't been able to kick it, even using all of my usual tricks tools.

So yesterday I met my friends for our walk and we walked 5.3 miles in tank tops and shorts. The birds were singing, the sun was shining...really. I have even included a video from my deck and you can hear them for yourself! I know....crazy lady status! LOL It was so beautiful out though!

My girl and I had plans to work outside together. We met at Home Depot and spent about 75.00 on plants and flowers and soil, then came home and planted them all. The dad re-built some rotting planter boxes for us and we put tomatoes in them. I sprayed weeds and we decided to clear an area in our side yard to get it straightened up, weeds pulled, path way extended, and existing flowers nurtured and back to their natural glory.

I haven't had the motivation to work outside in my yard for a very long time. I was grateful that my girl suggested it and got the wheels in motion. It was just what I needed. It was a really good day and I am learning to take those as they come.

Annette

4 comments:

Akannie said...

I have a plaque someone gave me that says:

Tend the Earth, Feed the Soul

Glad you had a good day...Mine was pretty awesome too !

xoxoxoxox

Sheri said...

What a beautiful view for a walk! You are blessed!

Signe said...

I love Akannie's quote "Tend the Earth, Feed the Soul" I'm going to write that on something and hang it up. I love that you worked out side with your daughter. Working with nature is so healing. You live in a beautiful area. I'm starting my mental planning to sell this house and move to a more country setting. Already found the house, now asking God to hold it until this one sells. I'm glad you had a happy day and depression was left alone. :)

Syd said...

That sounds like a great day. We have been planting here as well. I so like that!