Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Today's thoughts.....

From my daily reader "Courage to Change" today....

*Perfectionism, procrastination, and paralysis are three of the worst affects on my life from alcoholism.

*Anything worth doing, is worth doing badly.

*I have a tendency to spend my life waiting for the past to change.

*The only task that I can pretend to have done perfectly is the task that I have left completely undone.

The general theme here was that life goes on and we can't wait to be able to have it all figured out, have all the answers, or be able to arrive at perfection without first muddling through to learn our way.

Let's all keep one putting one foot in front of the other, no matter how many times we trip or get lost along the journey...
Annette





3 comments:

Signe said...

I loved this. Loved the quotes. Love how it hit home. Another jump start in my thinking.

Susan Rickels said...

Annette- These are words that I really needed to hear this morning. The world keeps spinning round...I don't want to be stagnant! Be well!

Syd said...

None of us has it all figured out. And certainly nothing is going to be perfect. Good message!