Sunday, March 31, 2013

Faith

Heavenly Father

I am seeing more and more that really, it doesn't matter what I do or don't do. I will never be able to save anyone. Other people's lives are out of my control. I can pull them close, love them well, let them go, detach with love, react in anger, react in patience, kick them out, let them stay, mind my own business, share my ideas....but really, what they choose, what compels them to action...either good or bad, is ultimately, most definitely out of my control. 

Faith is believing in what I can't see. Faith for me is believing that even when something is the absolute worst, the most heartbreaking, You are still in charge, in control and I don't need to be afraid. You walk with me through the grief. I am not alone. I thank you for that. I only need to open the door and let you in. Respond. You are here with me.

I am seeing that when I make decisions they are only effective for me and my life. They are about creating the most vibrant life, the most happy, fulfilling, peaceful and calm life that I want to have. That I am able to have. My decisions only have the power to change my own existence. No one elses.

It all will go the way it will go and I don't get to have a say in that, or control over that, because its not my life I am trying to mend. I get to live in faith each and every day that you see all and you love your children perfectly. Even the one's who are broken. Maybe them the most....you leave the 99 to go after the 1. Aren't all of us that lost lamb at one time or another? Because of that I put my faith in you, the Faithful One.

Amen



7 comments:

Lolly said...

This was beautiful Annette.

Erin said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Words of Wisdom! Thank you for that.
Lisa

dawn said...

beautiful Annette

Oooohhhh, you SO get this, not just in that wise head of yours, but deep within your heart and soul. embracing these concepts with this degree of depth will keep you wrapped tightly in God's loving arms and living in peace. Good for you my friend!!

And oh yes,, we all drift away, lost, scared, and often times really confused... But it is there , if we ask Him, that we are teachable and real growth is taking place. He's always there,,, but we drift from time to time.

You sound like you're in a good place my friend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I needed to see the words that I have been trying to formulate in my mind all day today...and here they are, from your heart to God and back to me. Beautiful.
Patty

Signe said...

I have been thinking about that one lost sheep a lot. Isn't that one lost sheep not in a place of believing? If so, that means God does go looking for you when you've hit bottom (even when if you're angry at Him) and carries you back to the flock. I never realized before how powerful that story was, before. It is very powerful, as was your prayer.

Cloud said...

THank you for such powerful words. :)