Sunday, February 3, 2013

Let's get moving.....

My son sent me this video about this guy, an ex-soldier, paratrooper, who had gotten fat, outta shape, wasn't expected to EVER be able to walk without canes and his journey to health.

I hope you all take a minute and watch it, because you won't regret it. What I especially loved was how clumsy he was in the beginning. I LOVE love love that he showed that part of his journey, because if you all remember, back when I started my journey that was EXACTLY what I was afraid of. I was so afraid of looking like a fool, a big fat fool.

So today I am beginning again. I know, I have said this before. But I really think that 10lbs that I have gained won't be hard to lose. Go back to drinking lots of water with lemon wedges in them, fruit and veggies....I cooked 4lbs of chicken breast in the crockpot the other day. Now I have all of that shredded in the fridge with lots of fresh greens to make salads. I have my yogurt dressing that is delicious. I stopped at my farm produce stand and bought loads of fresh Asian pears and sweet potatoes, Fuji apples, zucchini, lots of frozen broccoli and green beans, carrots...I will make a pot of rice and a pot of oatmeal for the mornings and I should be set for the week. I have committed to my fitness friend to doing a plank a day. I can hold it for 1 minute and will add 3 seconds on each day or so.

Anyway....here I go again.

Annette


8 comments:

Sober Mommy said...

You can do it!! Now, I just need to do it! :)

Summer said...

I bawled like a baby watching the video. What a beautiful story of determination and grit! I've been letting my stress dictate my food choices lately so you've given me some good motivation!!

Cindy said...

What is a plank?

Tori said...

I can't see a link to the video? Can you FB me with it and also your yogurt dressing recipe?

beachteacher said...

Gooo Annette ! : ). But personally - Id skip the rice & oatmeal - and all grains ,...just my opinion. Worked for me in a big way - lost 30 lb.s before my daughter's wedding - and have kept it off ,...well, except for three lb.s. you are inspiring. : )

Signe said...

One step at a time, one day at a time, one meal at a time. One is a pretty inspiring number. Good luck! You can do it. :)

Syd said...

Pulling for you, Annette. You can do it! It is all about lifestyle changes.

SoberMomRocks said...

Dude! You've soooo got this. You're an inspiration and yes...I remember how you felt then and I remember encouraging you and then...you just RAN with it!!!!

You're right to do it now though. Those 10lbs will be easy, but the next 10 might not be.

Go get 'em tiger.

Sherry