Monday, January 28, 2013

Looking for the good.....

This is my kitchen window sill this morning. My violet is blooming. That little 4.00 plant has brought me such joy. It has with-stood my black thumb and every few months will give me beautiful little purple blooms that encourage me that we are all still alive, life is still moving forward, and new things are being created every moment. There is always hope.

So, the sun is shining, I get to have lunch with 2 friends today, I will come home and fill my bird-feeders, little one and I will do school...February is black history month so we are reading various biographies of African Americans through out history. We went a couple weeks ago to the art museum to see a Norman Rockwell exhibit and play about Ruby Bridges which kind of sparked this interest in our black Americans.  I will secretary my meeting tonight that I have grown to love. It is filled with real people who can acknowledge the ups and downs of loving someone who is an addict.

So here I go....off into a new day!

Annette

4 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful plant! I have some orchids that do the same for me :)

Lori said...

Annette- Sounds like you are in a wonderful place mentally. Let's all give thanks. This world, from a plant in the window to seeing the dolphins swim, is a beautiful place. xoxo Lori

Signe said...

What a beautiful scene. It looks as though you live nestled in a sanctuary. I'm glad you had a good day.

New Sober Life said...

Thanks for your post, it made me feel really grateful for life and sobriety because when I was drinking, there was no way I could not notice little flowers booming.